Saturday, February 7, 2009

In the beginning

The hardest part of any endeavor seems to be the starting. Once the launch has occurred, movement is inevitable. Where it carries you after that is anyone's guess, but you certainly won't get very far with anything until you begin.

This is my beginning.

It is sure to be a rambling, bumbling mess at first, but I'm OK with that. It often takes me a while to find my way in things. I'm not much for mapping out detailed game plans. I prefer to operate on vague guidelines, nebulous ideas, and let things swirl around me until a clear path emerges. Inside the eddy, unexpected patterns arise, unanticipated connections, and things begin to gel, often in serendipitous ways that are far more interesting and delightful than anything I could have planned.

It's the journey that matters. That's where the thrill of discovery, the recognition of creativity, the birth of something new occurs.

And when you finally arrive...it's time to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment