Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thoughts on a winter day

CKRDTH

I saw that on a vanity plate today. I briefly thought about chasing the driver into the Harris Teeter parking lot just so I could say, "Hey, I get it."

At least I think I get it. Since it's a line from an Eddie Izzard routine -- Cake or Death? -- and I am an avid Izzardite.

But what if the driver took it as just a commentary on dieting.

Alas, I'll never know. Afraid of looking like a total psycho, I drove on into the beautiful 71 degree day. Can you believe it? February 8 and 71 degrees. It's just enough to give you a terrible case of Spring Fever, but we all know spring is really still weeks away.

I mean, the circus hasn't even come to town.

It tends to snow here every time the circus comes to town. Well, not last year, or the year before that, but I researched it once and found an amazing frequency of the two events happening simultaneously. One year, it snowed so much the roads were closed and people were trapped in the Scope arena and forced to subsist on popcorn, hotdogs and flat soda. They ran completely out of food.

And last year, March was frigid, cold and gray throughout. It didn't get really warm until nearly May. So, that's why I'm heading south to Florida in a couple of weeks and to Vegas in March.

With some respite in the sunshine, we can make it through the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment